8 Tips for Preparing your Body for a Boudoir Photography Session
You’ve always admired the photos – the candid, sexy photos that can only come from a boudoir photography session. The heels. The lace. The confidence. It’s always been something you’ve dreamt of doing, and now you’re finally getting it done in just a few weeks.
If you’re wondering what to do to make sure your best self lands in front of the camera, we’ve got you covered.
Here are 10 ways you can prep your mind, body, and mood before your upcoming photo session.
1. Make your skin glow. Freshly exfoliated and moisturized skin is going to look absolutely gorgeous during your shoot. If you think tanning or adding a spray tan is necessary, do it several days in advance. If something goes wrong, and the tan looks unnatural or leaves you with really noticeable tan lines, you’ll appreciate the additional time to correct them before the shoot.
2. Remove body hair – if you want to. If you prefer a more hair-free experience and opt for a Brazilian wax, be sure to book it a day or two before your shoot. The same can be said for shaving, especially if you’re prone to razor burn.
3. Pamper yourself! Use your session as an excuse to truly pamper yourself; after all, you absolutely deserve it. Whether that means scheduling a mani/pedi, booking a facial, enjoying a relaxing massage, or getting your hair and makeup done professionally for the session, do whatever you need to do to feel fabulous. It’ll show in the final artwork.
4. Hydrate. Hydration is a really great way to give your skin a natural glow, so be sure to drink plenty of water in the days leading up to your boudoir photography session.
5. Don’t skip a meal on photo day. Sometimes a boudoir session can be really similar to a marathon. You’ll be posing in positions that may feel unnatural, and you may find yourself inverted while lying down. If you skip a meal, you may find yourself getting tired, light-headed, or weak, and that may negatively impact your boudoir photography session.
6. Wear loose fitting clothes to your session. Tight clothing, even though you look fierce in it, can create impressions and red marks on your skin. This includes jewellery. For a flawless finish, save the skin-tight skivvies for the camera.
7. Practice at home. It may feel ridiculous at home, but spending a few minutes practicing potential poses or sultry smiles can help you feel more relaxed in front of the camera. Plus, it’s a great opportunity to get a little feedback from your partner.
8. Consider slightly altering your diet. A few weeks before your session, you may want to consider changing your diet slightly. Excess carbohydrates, sugar, and processed foods can cause bloating and may even dot your face with a few unwanted blemishes.
If you’re looking for a photographer that can make your boudoir photography experience fabulous and fun, consider Keyhole Intimates – Boudoir Portraits. Dawn will make you feel comfortable, sexy, and stunning while capturing your true beauty through her lens.